1lb coarse wholemeal flour
1tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
4oz butter, diced
2tbls Greek style natural yogurt
3-5 floz milk
1 egg beaten to glaze
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl
- Rub butter into flour until mixture resemble bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the middle of flour mix and add the baking soda and the yogurt. Allow to react for a few minutes.
- Add the 3 oz of milk and mix well; you may need to add more milk.
- Gather the dough into a ball and turn out onto a floured surface.
- Roll lightly until 1” thick and cur out with round cutter and transfer to high sided baking sheet.
- Brush top with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds or cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until well browned