Raspberry and white chocolate trifle (large)
This is one for a party or celebration, it really will serve up to 14 people, it’s very rich but soo delicious!
900ml of double cream
12 ozs white chocolate chopped (not cooking)
1.25 tsp almond or vanilla extract
.5 cup sugar and 0.5 cup water or 1 cup of unset raspberry jelly
Maderia cake, or lady fingers – about 7oz packet
1 cup raspberry jam – melted
18oz frozen raspberries –thawed
12oz fresh raspberries
0.75 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Bring 250ml of cream to scald point in a saucepan, remove from heat. Add white chocolate and whisk until smooth. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream and ½ the extract until forming soft peaks, fold in white chocolate mixture.
- Make sugar syrup with water and sugar and the remaining extract. Or make 1/2 pint of raspberry jelly
- Lay 1/3 of sponge on base of trifle bowl and sprinkle 1/3 of syrup/trifle over the top
- Spread 1/3 of melted jam over sponge and top with 1/3 of partially thawed raspberries and cover with white chocolate cream.
- Repeat the layers 2 more times
- Mound the fresh berries in the centre and sprinkle the almonds around the edge.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 5 hours or overnight.