Mint Aero Cheesecake
- 15 Digestive Biscuits
- 125g Butter (may need more)
- 300g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 100g Icing sugar
- 250ml Double cream
- 2 Mint Aeros (or crunchies, maltesers, chocolate orange – you get the driftJ)
For the base :
– Put the digestives in a blender until they are crumbs, or just put them in a sandwich bag and whack them with a rolling pin.
– Melt some butter, mix with crushed Digestives.
– Line the bottom of the cheesecake dish with the base.
For the Cheesecake Mixture :
– Blend the cheese and icing sugar together
– Whip up the double cream
– Mix the cream with the cheese and icing mixture
– Break up the Mint Aeros into chunks (by knife or hand). Best to leave the odd big chunk to give more flavour. Blend this with the rest of the mixture.
– Pour into the cheesecake dish. Don’t play with it too much, just be as even as you can.
Put into the fridge overnight.
Suggest serving it with ice cream but its wonderful on its own.