4 cups button mushrooms, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoons olive oil
finely chopped parsley
1 small clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 pint vegetable stock
75ml double cream (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic gently until they are transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft but do not brown.
- Add the stock and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season.
- Taste to check seasoning.
- Stir in a little chopped parsley, and cream if using
- Reheat and serve.
I know I’ve said the cream is optional – but those of you that know me will know this applies only in extreme circumstances! Add it I promise you will not be disappointed.