The crunch part of this, cornflakes and golden syrup is a delight on its own, serve with creamy custard for the ultimate in comfort food and a happy memory for me – ‘crunchy custard’! YUM
250ml carton of cream
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
juice and rind of 2 small lemons
couple of handfuls cornflakes
2 tbls golden syrup
- Whip cream until stiff and add condensed milk and continue to whip
- Add juice and rind of lemon, whip until stiff.
- Put into serving dish, and leave to set (approx 2 hrs or overnight)
- Melt syrup in saucepan until warm (not hot).
- Add 2-3 handfuls of cornflakes and mix thoroughly.
- Pile on top of lemon mixture. (Keep cornflake mixture to within 2-3 hrs of serving to enable cornflakes to stay crunchy)