CREME EGG BROWNIES
Honestly there are no words to describe the chocolatey heaven of this, the coffee makes this really special and very grown up, the chocolate high is real and a small square is really enough!!
150gr unsalted butter cut in small cubes,
200gr chopped Dark chocolate, or Half dark and half milk
100ml strong expresso coffee,
250gr golden caster sugar,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
3 medium eggs,
100gr plain flour,
4 Cadbury Creme Eggs (cut in halves)
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line a brownie tray with butter and baking paper.
- In a heat proof bowl melt the chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water – make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- When all melted out of the bain marie stir in the sugar, vanilla and coffee. Beat the eggs with a fork and mix them into the mixture. When smooth fold in the sieved flour.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15min. Remove from the oven and push in the Creme Egg halves. Put back in the oven for another 10mn until the mixture is set, but still a bit sticky.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing in squares and then enjoying!