2 pints vegetable stock
6 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato purée
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon plain/all purpose flour
salt and black pepper
- Simmer the vegetables in the stock until quite tender.
- Mix the butter and flour together to form a smooth paste.
- Stir the butter and flour into the simmering stock.
- Add the tomato puree.
- Liquidise at this point for a smooth soup
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes and serve