CARROT & LENTIL SOUP
2 pints vegetable/ham stock
(450g) 2 large carrots sized carrots, peeled and diced (or grated)
1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
2 celery stalks finely diced
1 cup red lentils
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan, add chopped onion, celery and carrot stir well and cover and cook for 10 mins until vegetables begin to soften
- Add lentils and cook for a few minutes
- Pour in stock and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for about 20mins, until veg is tender.
- Serve, will freeze well, and tastes even better the next day!