CARROT & CORIANDER SOUP
2 pints vegetable/chicken stock
(450g) 6 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/5 tsp cumin
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
2 Tbls fresh coriander
Sour cream to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in saucepan, add chopped onion and carrot, stir well and cover and cook for 10 mins until vegetables begin to soften
- Pour in stock and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for about 20mins, until carrots are tender.
- Liquidise at this point for a smooth soup
- Add chopped coriander
- garnish with sour cream and serve