Butternut Squash Soup
600g butternut squash chopped (1 medium sizes squash)
1 lrg onion chopped
200g potatoes, peeled and cubed
2.5 pints vegetable/chicken stock
- Fry the chopped onion and squash with the potatoes in oil for a few minutes until they begin to soften
- Add the stock and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
- Blend until smooth, and then season.
- Serve topped with a dollop of crème fraiche, or black pepper croutons.
Black Pepper Croutons
4 slices thick granary bread
Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut bread into large cubes
- Melt butter, and grind in pepper, approx 1tsp
- Quickly mix bread in butter mixture,
- Put onto baking tray and bake in hot oven 200 for about 10 mins, or until brown and crispy.
- Serve with soup or on a salad