BERRY-PINE NUT CHICKEN SALAD
- 40g pine nuts
- 175g prepared mixed salad leaves
- 150g Blueberries
- 450g skinless, boneless cooked chicken (turkey or pork)
- ½ small red onion
- 225g sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For dressing, combine vinegar, jam and mustard, mix well. Add olive oil and salt and black pepper. Mix again and set aside.
- For salad, place pine nuts into a frying pan (with no oil), toast over a medium heat for 4-6mins or until fragrant and golden brown. Remove pine nuts from
- pan and allow to cool completely.
- Wash salad leaves and blueberries, drain well and pat dry with kitchen paper. Thinly slice chicken and onion. Cut sugar snap peas in half.
- To serve layer salad leaves, chicken, sugar snap peas, blueberries and onion in large serving bowl. Pour dressing over salad to taste just before serving (serve any left over dressing separately). Toss gently to coat and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.